GP online services allow you to access a range of services via your computer, mobile or tablet. Once you have signed up, you will be able to:
- book or cancel appointments online
- renew or order repeat prescriptions online
- view parts of your GP record, including information about medication, allergies, vaccinations, previous illnesses and test results
You can still contact the practice by phone or in person, this is just another option, which other patients have found is more convenient and saves them time. More information including “how to” leaflets and videos of patients and why they are using GP online services are available at www.nhs.uk/gponlineservices
How to sign-up
For more information, please contact reception or next time you visit the surgery, bring with you a piece of photo ID (passport, driving licence) and something with your address on like a bank statement but not a gas or electric bill. If you don’t have these, please talk to us and we will help you sign-up
NHS 111 online service now available to local residents
Residents across Hambleton, Richmondshire and Whitby areas can now access the NHS 111 service online as well as over the phone if they need urgent healthcare or health advice.
Visit www.111.nhs.uk to determine which service or treatment is most suitable for you. Like the phone service, it is available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year and is free to use.
You’ll answer a series of questions relating to your symptoms. Based on your answers, you will be directed to the most appropriate healthcare service in your area. You can also use NHS 111 online to get advice on self-care. The service helps to direct patients to the right care, at the first attempt. The NHS 111 online service can be used to:
- Answer questions about symptoms
- Discover where to get the most suitable care in your area
- Self-care advice
- Recommend that you speak to a nurse, emergency dentist or GP
- If necessary, advise you to call an ambulance directly.